Saturday 8 February 2014

Under The Spotlight: Patty Walters

Hello and welcome to the first installment of Under The Spotlight! This particular post is about young musician and YouTuber, Patty Walters.

Before we get started I would like to point out that I am in no way an expert on music. I just have a large obsession with listening to music, it's one of my biggest passions.

I can't quite remember how I came across his YouTube channel, but I do know that I've seen every one of his covers since I did. Patty is my favourite cover artist and I also love his band, As It Is. Although today I am just going to focus on his solo music...


What Kinds of Songs Does He Cover?


For the most part, he covers punk/pop punk songs. However, on occasion he has been known to take popular pop songs and put an amazing pop punk twist on them, often making them better than the originals. As well as that fairly recently, Patty has begun "Punk Goes Disney". Now, I don't know about you but to me, Punk Rock + Disney = Really Good Music.

Good Quality Covers?


All the time! Patty's covers are always good quality! They all look like so much effort has been put into them; they look great and sound great. I think it's fair to say I'd give his covers a big fat 10/10.

So, How's the Voice?


I absolutley freaking love his voice! In all honesty, I believe his voice would suit every style of music. He has an amazing singing voice that is absolutley perfect for anything from post-hardcore to pop punk to soft rock.

Why Did I Subscribe?


I subscribed to Patty's music channel because I either had an existing love for the songs he had covered or was introduced to them via his channel. I really loved watching his covers and I also found myself singing what I like to call "The Patty Version" of songs.

Which Covers Would I Recommend?


There are a lot that I would recommend, and I mean an awful lot. I have tried to narrow it down for you so, without further ado and in no particular order here are the covers I would recommend to you:

Visit Patty Walters' Music Channel!


And that brings the first episode of Under The Spotlight to a close, I sincerely hope that you liked it. It's probably my favourite of all the blog posts I've written, I think that Under The Spotlight may be my best idea yet! Do come back next month, as with a bit of luck there will be a second part to this series...

Thank you ever so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This was so good! I can't wait for the next parts of the series! Also, Punk Rock + Disney - it's a dream come true... GingerSnaps xxx

    ReplyDelete