Saturday 4 January 2014

Beauty Favourites of 2013

In 2013 I tried and tested lots of beauty products and I loved an awful lot of them. I attempted to narrow them down into a short list but I Get The Feeling this could be a long post so let's get started!

Cleanser

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution

I have greatly depended on this cleanser this year, it's basically all I've used to remove makeup and it does a good job. I purchased this because I heard that it was very similar to Bioderma Micelle Solution which costs more but does more or less the same job. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and it gets rid of waterproof mascara without requiring me to scrub at my eyes with a cotton pad.

Primer

No.7 Airbrush Away Primer

This is the first primer I've ever used and I think its great. I don't use this product all over my face before foundation, just in the places where my makeup doesn't seem to last very well. It does change the way my makeup looks and it lasts much much longer. I received a sample of this product and the sample has lasted a while; however I looked into purchasing it and it was quite expensive compared to other drugstore brands. I don't feel like it's good value for money, but if you're willing to pay it's a good product (it isn't ridiculously costly but I think it could be cheaper).

Concealer

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

I know that everybody has raved about this concealer but it is truly fabulous and works wonders on spots, dark circles under the eye and redness. The only bad thing I can say about this concealer is that when the colder months arrive, it's very drying and doesn't look good as I have dry skin anyway. But during warmer months it is my must-have product! 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

This is my must-have product during the Winter months. Whilst it doesn't quite have the amazing coverage of the Collection concealer, it is far more moisturising and suits my dry skin better when the cold threatens to ruin my makeup.

Eyes

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo - On And On Bronze


The 24hr Colour Tattoos are cream eye shadows and make great bases for your eye shadow. On and On Bronze is my favourite shade because I wear a lot of neutral shades of eye shadow and it's pretty yet understated. It makes my eye shadow stay put and looks great on its own. You can be quite generous when applying it, making it look darker, although it looks just as nice if applied lightly. 

17 Eyeshadow Trio - Metallic Toffee

A trio of pretty neutral shades that are good quality, long lasting and really good value for money. 17 have been a stand-out brand for me and I've never been disappointed with their products. There are other super pretty trios from 17 but this is my favourite.

Lips

17 Stay Pout Lipstick - Make an Entrance

This lipstick has been my staple lip colour throughout the year; it's a gorgeous matte red with orange tones. It lasts for ages because it stains the lips and looks great all day. I think it's perfect for daytime or night-time and looks beautiful with a subtle or heavy eye makeup look.

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm - Cherry Me

This tinted lip balm is really moisturising and nourishing. I love wearing this because its subtle and doesn't need maintaining as much as a lipstick would. Quite possibly the best thing about this tinted lip balm is the smell. It smells delicious. It smells just like Cherry Drops. I really like the look of the Peach Kiss Baby Lips as well and I would love to try them all.



And that is the complete list of my favourite beauty products from 2013, I hope you enjoyed it! I'd also like to wish you a very Happy New Year and I hope the new year brings everything you desire <3


What were your beauty favourites of last year?













2 comments:

  1. Great post! I think I'm going to have to try some of these products for myself - especially that cleanser and some stuff from 17! Happy New Year! GingerSnaps xxx

    ReplyDelete